Getting to The East Wind Inn by Car
The East Wind Inn is about 4 hours northeast of Boston and less than 2 hours from the Portland airport.
• From the south, take I-95 to Portland, then take I-295 north; exit I-295 at Brunswick (Exit 28) or at Topsham (Exit 31) and take coastal U.S. Route 1 North.
• Follow US Route 1 north to Thomaston.
• Turn right (south) onto Route 131 (at the Henry Knox Mansion up on the hill.)
• Travel south on Route 131 for 9 miles or so.
• Watch for the VFW and Post Office on the left in Tenants Harbor.
• Bear left off the main road just past the Post Office and follow that for 200 yards down to the water. That's where you'll find us. Our street address is 21 Mechanic Street, Tenants Harbor, Maine 04860
Getting to The East Wind Inn from the Airport
The East Wind is an easy, scenic 1.5 - 2.0 hours from the Portland Airport, or about 4.0 hours from Boston's Logan Airport.
You can take a 45 minute shuttle flight on Cape Air from Boston's Logan International Airport to Knox County Airport, Owls Head. (Airport Code: RKD). Airport is approx. 15 minutes from the East Wind.
Flying here yourself? Click here for airport/FBO information for Knox County Airport (4,000 & 5,000 ft. runways).
For additional information, visit the Real Maine travel page.