Getting to The East Wind Inn by Car
- From the south, take I-95 to Portland, then take I-295 north; exit I-295 at Brunswick (Exit 28) or at Topsham (Exit 31) and take coastal U.S. Route 1 North.
- Follow US Route 1 north to Thomaston.
- Turn right (south) onto Route 131 (at the Henry Knox Mansion up on the hill.)
- Travel south on Route 131 for 9 miles or so.
- Watch for the Post Office on the left in Tenants Harbor.
- Bear left off the main road just past the Post Office and follow that for 200 yards down to the water. That's where you'll find us. Our street address is 21 Mechanic Street, Tenants Harbor, Maine 04860.
Getting to The East Wind Inn from the Airport
The East Wind is an easy, scenic 90 minutes from the Portland Airport, and about 4 hours from Boston's Logan Airport.
You can take a 45 minute shuttle flight on Cape Air from Boston's Logan International Airport to Knox County Airport, Owls Head. (Airport Code: RKD). Airport is approximately 15 minutes from the East Wind.
Flying here yourself? Click here
for airport/FBO information for Knox County Airport (4,000 & 5,000 ft. runways).